130 Freight Street & 000 West Main Street
- The project site was home to Waterbury, American, and Anaconda Brass companies prior to being utilized as a Connecticut regulated waste treatment and soil remediation facility (Environmental Waste Resources). It has been vacant since 2011.
- 130 Freight Street is located .3 miles away from the Waterbury Train Station and Downtown Waterbury.
- The 130 Freight Street parcel is 10.56 acres that has recently had 8 buildings demolished on it by way of a $1.5M Urban Act State of CT grant.
- Directly adjacent to 130 Freight Street is the 000 West Main Street parcel, a 3.28-acre lot.
- The City of Waterbury recently received $2.2M ($2M from the State of CT DECD and $200,000 from an NVCOG EPA RLF grant) to continue with demolition, environmental assessment, and remediation on both parcels.