Anamet – 698 South Main Street
- The former Anamet site located at 698 South Main Street in Waterbury is currently owned by 698 South Main Street Inc., a single purpose entity created for the purpose of redeveloping the property.
- The site was used for manufacturing purposes from 1812-1977 by Benedict & Burnham Manufacturing Company, American Brass, Anaconda American Brass, and ARCO. The majority of the site is currently vacant.
- The City was recently awarded $2 million in USRAP funding, as authorized by the State Bond Commission, to use towards Phase II of the Anamet project.
- The City was also recently awarded $2 million in DECD Brownfield Municipal Grant Program funding & $200,000 in NVCOG EPA RLF funding to use at Anamet.
- Both funding sources will further demolition, remediation, and eventual redevelopment on the site.