Wendell Cross School – After
- A new Pre-K through 8th grade school was built in the East end of Waterbury.
- Demo/Construction started in the late fall of 2019.
- The school became fully occupied with students in early September 2021.
- The total cost for construction of the building was $41,900.00.
- The building contains three classrooms for each grade, a full-service kitchen, a large cafeteria with a prodution state, a large gymnasium, a computer lab, science labs, a media center, a music room and the necessary office spaces for the school to function. All areas of the school are ADA compliant including 3 elevetors to access each level.
- The Construction Manager (Newfield Construction, Inc.) is presently in the process of completing all necessary paperwork (including submission of all O&M Manuals & Warrantees) with a projected closing date of June 1, 2022. This time period also includes the necessary paperwork required to be completed with the State of Connecticut.